What Is the Success Rate of Surrogacy?
In 2020, the CDC reported 326,468 ART cycles performed at approximately 450 IVF clinics nationwide. The use of assisted reproduction resulted in over 75,000 live births. The demand for ART is rising among intended parents — about 2% of all births in the country result from ART.
While these success rates are very promising, we understand that growing your family is an emotional experience, and you want to give yourself the best possible chance of having your own child. That’s why it’s important to know that surrogacy has the highest rate of success of any medical treatment. Here are just a few promising statistics surrounding surrogacy:
- Among IVF clinics in the United States, the success rate for a healthy birth is as high as 75%. This percentage rises to 95% once the gestational surrogate is pregnant.
- While in vitro fertilization (IVF) with a donor egg has a success rate of 52%, the national success rate for this number rises even higher when using a surrogate.
- In addition, many of the IVF clinics Creative Family Connections intended parents work with have success rates above the national average.
- Surrogacy now accounts for about 5% of all ART cycles performed in the US.
- CFC is 100% successful in matching its Intended Parents to a Surrogate who receives both medical and psychological approval to proceed.