Remember, your IPs want to to be involved in the pregnancy. You are changing their life, and they could not do this without you. Stay in contact with them. They are experiencing their own pregnancy vicariously through you, their hero!
- Set aside some time each week to chat by phone or Skype. We find that a regularly designated time works best. Sunday evenings are often a convenient time. Let this take a position of priority in your schedule – it’s good for everyone!
- When talking with your IPs, finding ways to connect about your lives outside of the pregnancy will forge a stronger bond. How are their jobs going? Are their kids having fun at soccer? How was their vacation?
- In the event that you DO believe that you have a valid reason to be concerned about something – bring it to us, and let us be the “bad cop.” We will broach the issue with your IPs so that you don’t have to have an uncomfortable conversation. We want you to be able to focus on the positives, and let us handle any negatives!
- Leave the money issues to us whenever possible. We are here to handle the financial process, and to take that burden off your shoulders. Should you have questions about financial issues or reimbursements, we are always happy to help.
- Be careful about becoming friends on Facebook. Sometimes, less is more. And when it comes to Facebook, we find that it is often better to hold off on “friending” your IPs until after the baby is born. At the very least, you may want to consider only allowing them limited access to your profile, and vice versa.